Established in 1996, the Center for International Education (CIE) at the College of Charleston is the coordinating office for all international activities. CIE continues to enhance international education at the College by developing and implementing quality programming around diverse academic and cultural offerings. Through its programs, support services for international students and faculty, CIE fosters a climate that allows students to engage with and learn from global experiences and perspectives.
CIE develops, coordinates and implements programs and services to assist students to study abroad; facilitates international student recruitment, exchanges and collaborative efforts with international partner institutions; assists international students and faculty with immigration issues; advises international students on academic and enrollment matters and serves as the main point of contact for international study as well as the National Student Exchange program.
- CIE works with faculty members and departments to develop study abroad programs;
- CIE collaborates with the Office of Admissions on international student recruitment, coordinates international student enrollment and provides services for international students and faculty;
- CIE works with schools and departments to identify and develop educational linkages with international partners in concert with the College's goals and priorities;
- CIE pursues and supports initiatives in support of the College's internationalization goals;
- CIE provides study opportunities for students through the National Student Exchange program;
- CIE serves as the general resource for all international matters