Exchange Student Admissions
Congratulations on being nominated by your home university to study at the College of Charleston as part of an exchange partnership! Below, please find a list of our participating partner universities as well as application information for nominated students.
Partnerships through our Sister-State agreement with universities in the state of Queensland
Fachhochschule Ludwigshafen (University of Ludwigshafen)
Partnerships Through our Sister-state agreements with universities in the following areas:
|Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina||The American College of Greece
|Free University of Bozen-Bolzano|
|The University of the West Indies
||Kansai Gaidai University
|Queen's University Belfast
University of Nottingham
University of Hertfordshire
University of Sussex
Below you will find the documentation that you are required to submit to the Center for International Education (CIE) for admission and immigration purposes. If you have questions about what documentation you need to submit, please contact the international or exchange office at your home university.
Please note that we cannot accept any admission documents from prospective exchange students without approval from your home university.
Application due dates:
- Spring 2017: Monday, October 10th, 2016
- Fall 2017 & Academic Year 2017-2018: Friday, March 31, 2017
Documents required for application consideration:
- Application Form
- The following documents should be submitted through the online Application Form
- Certificate of Finances and supporting bank statements
- Transcript from home university - official document issued by your home university that shows all the courses / modules you have taken and the grades / marks you earned
- Proof of English proficiency - official TOEFL iBT score of 80, official iTEP score of 3.8, official IELTS score of 6.5 or certification from home university of the equivalent level of proficiency
- Copy of passport picture/data page
After your documents have been processed and your application approved, the Center for International Education will issue you a DS 2019 so that you can apply for your J-1 student visa. The CIE will also contact you with information about housing, course selection and arrival. Please refer to our New Students section for additional information.
For additional information, please contact Melissa Ochal, Associate Director, Center for International Education.